There’s a lot to see in Vermont… A lot of food to eat. A lot of beer to drink. Mountains to hike. Backroads to travel. Views to stop and appreciate. People to meet. Places to experience.
I visit every place I write about, or personally use every product I review. I take all of my own photos; everything you see is through the eyes of a local. Each of my posts features either Local’s Tips or Fun Facts. What, you might ask, do I do with a place or product I don’t like? Well, I don’t write about it. I want Travel Like a Local: Vermont to be positive, a place to visit when you need a pick-me-up or a mini-vacation to the Green Mountain State as we can all use a little less negativity in our lives. (Don’t worry though. I’m not going to blow sunshine up your skirt, either. This is a no BS zone.)
Through Travel Like a Local: Vermont, I’m hoping to find the very best Vermont has to offer, including:
- Restaurants: Farm-to-table fine dining, dives, greasy spoons, taverns, pubs, bakeries, sandwich shops
- Lodging: Inns, hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, camp sites
- General Stores: You know you want to stop…
- Activities: Hikes, breweries, cideries, wineries, distilleries (I promise there will be family-friendly activities as well), rainy-day activities, road trips
- Events: Food and beer festivals, live music, performances
- Destinations: Towns and cities sprinkled throughout the state that are worth an overnight, a long weekend or as much time as you have available
- Galleries & Workshops: Painters, woodworkers, potters, crafters
- Products: We have a lot of output in the state, from cheese to snowboards to the toughest wool socks you’ll ever wear.
Do you have a favorite place to visit in Vermont? A Vermont product you can’t live without? Are you the owner of a Vermont business and are looking for more exposure? Say hello and begin the conversation, or comment below with new ideas of places and products to highlight in Travel Like a Local: Vermont. I’m always looking for a new adventure or a new corner of the state to explore.